Easy Squash Casserole

This Thanksgiving I contributed my squash casserole to the vast array of side dishes.  It went very quickly, that's how good it is.  It's such a simple, easy recipe that I know you will love, even if you don't like squash.

Ingredients~
5-6 med size yellow squash
1 large onion
1 brick  shredded cheddar cheese
3 eggs beaten
1 1/2 c  seasoned croutons (crushed)
salt & pepper

Preheat your oven to 400
Slice and steam your squash and onion.  I use a steamer basket on the stove top, steam until just tender. Meanwhile, put the croutons in a bag and pound them with a mallet until crumbs form.
When squash and onion are done, place them in the bottom of your baking dish  . Add your beaten eggs along with some salt and pepper into the dish with the squash.  Blend together, then add the shredded cheese on top along with the crushed croutons.
Bake at 400 for 25 min or until cheese is bubbly.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I also made a squash dish for Thanksgiving. I'm a sqaush lover! It was similar to your recipe except I used saltime crackers and some oregano. I bet the croutons are tasty in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks loverly. Must try! What type of squash do you use? Butternut?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This looks to die for! (and healthy) :-) Just clicked to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment