Homemade Christmas

Some of you may have noticed I took a few days off.  But now I'm back and I can finally show you some of my homemade Christmas gifts I made this year.  For several years now we all have been on a pretty tight budget, and me and my sisters make our gifts.  This year was no exception.  Thankfully we are all somewhat crafty and we can score some pretty cool things.  Both my sisters are very artistic, one being a potter/art teacher. The other a baker, seamstress, artist, and all around crafty person.

Here is a little something I made for my mom.
I bought these small pots, painted them and then put a chalkboard label on.
And a few of the cards I made for my grandma and mom.
 I used burlap cuttings for some, and rub on transfers

 For these, I recycled an old calendar we had.  Cutting out pictures of maps, and using Mod Podge glued them to the burlap.





We actually got a white Christmas this year!  Never in my life have I seen snow here in GA on Christmas day!
It was very exciting :)
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday as well.







Holiday

3 comments:

  1. those pots are sooo cute! i think handmade gifts are the best, too. we are going to do much more of that next year. we did some this year, but i would really like to do it all that way.
    your sisters sound amazing and talented like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pots! What a great gift idea. If you have time, I would love to have you link up at my Handmade Christmas party http://cupofdelight.blogspot.com/2011/12/link-party-delightfully-handmade.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all of those map cards ... co unique! thank you so much for linking up to our party!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment