Crib Bumper

 I finally finished the crib bumper for K's baby.  I think it turned out pretty good for my first real attempt at sewing.  
Here is the final product

This was a great gift for her.  She was unable to find a pre-made bumper she liked, so I offered to make one out of a fabric she chose.  I bought a pattern and just followed the directions.  It was a little difficult, since I don't know all the sewing lingo.  But overall, pretty easy.  If you don't mind sewing, I highly recommend doing this for anyone you know who is about to have a baby and is in the same predicament.
It looks so cute next to the green walls, that K perfectly matched to the green in the fabric.
 So excited to meet this little guy who will sleep with this bumper I made just for him!

*Don't forget to enter the Give Away for the chalk board*

6 comments:

  1. love that fabric! it is so fun! but then again, i have a soft spot for owls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric is so adorable. You did a wonderful job sewing it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a person who has been sewing for 50 years, let me say, Good Job! I couldn't have done better myself.

    Homemade gifts are always much more special than store bought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE the owls!! You're making mine when the day comes:)
    Serena:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job, Kathleeen! Darling fabric! I think you mentioned you hadn't sewn since high school. I guess it all came back to you! I'd say you look like a pro at sewing! What a fun crib.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks awesome kathleen! perfect for baby a's nursery!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment