From Office to Nursery

Two days before our baby girl is due, we finally finished her room.  We were on a limited budget so most everything is re-used from her big sister or from other parts of the house.  However, I did sew some new bedding for the crib, which only cost about $15.

Here is the room when we first moved in.

 Instead of painting the shelf for this table, I decided to cover it in the same fabric as the bedding.
I just used some Mod Podge, cut the fabric to size and pressed it on.

Yesterday a rude man yelled out to me at the gas station and said
"Looks like you're ready to pop!"


Painted Door

We are still working on getting our basement fixed up.  It has been a long process, mainly because it's not really a priority.  One of the problems is the fact that I can't see it most of the time.  I only go down there to get something maybe once or twice a month.  So it's been neglected to say the least.  But over the weekend I started sprucing it up a bit and finally painted the door going out side.

  Much. Better.
The next step will be painting the floors.  That will have to wait .
But this is a major improvement. 
This is a mix of white, blue and green paint I had in my paint collection.

Sweet Side Table

I finally got around to painting this cute handmade side table for our new baby girl's room.  It has been sitting in our kitchen collecting dust, for close to a year now.  But with some free time and a burst of energy I hauled it out side and got to work.
Usually, I'm not a fan of pink.  But for some reason, I've felt this piece should be a soft, delicate pink to go with the crib bedding.