Sewing

I'm not usually the one who makes my own clothes or sews pillows.  But for one of my best friends, I've decided to make a bumper for her baby's crib.  I've been working on it off and on for the past few weeks and I'm almost finished. I just wanted to show you the cute fabric and the progress I've made so far.
My friend was unable to find any bedding that she wanted, so I asked her if she wanted to pick out some fabric and I would handle the rest. I bought a cheapo pattern for $1 at the fabric store, not really remembering anything from my sewing class in high school, I had to wing it.  It all started coming back to me, kinda like riding a bike.  But I'm happy with the way it's turning out.  I will be posting when I'm all finished and the crib is all put together.
I had my sister Jamie make the crib skirt, because I thought that might be a bit harder, and she is a pro.  Check out what she does here.  She makes custom bags and aprons.  But if you have a special request she'd be happy to hear from you.
Stay tuned for the crib reveal!
Love ya mean it~

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for tyring your hand at sewing! I've been wanting to sew for awhile and need to go buy a sewing machine. I have not sewn since high school either. That is adorable fabric and what a cute crib bumper that is. I bet your friend is thrilled with it. I look forward to the crib reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fabric! Can't wait to see the whole thing!
    Shannon
    www.akadesign.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it. That fabric is just too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment