Spray painted light fixture

Another project I tackled over the weekend was spray painting this light fixture in the guest bath.  I had been wanting to do it for a while now, and so I finally stood up on the sink, risking electric shock and took it down.  I used oil rubbed bronze and updated the look for FREE! 
Before, your typical 80's brass fixture

Doesn't that look soooo much better? One day I will replace it, but it will work for now.

Here is another one I did a while back. I don't have a before shot, but just imagine the same brass as above, but shinier.  It also needs to be replaced, but it works.
 So if you have been battling with yourself about spray painting your light fixtures, I say go ahead and do it!
You won't be sorry.  Oil rubbed bronze is the best thing to ever happen in the world of spray paint!
Make sure you clean your fixture well before you break out the spray paint. Use nice even strokes, and allow to fully dry before handling it.  It's really easy, just read the directions on the back of the can.
Have fun!


4 comments:

  1. That is soo pretty! I think spray paint can solve any design problem. :) I haven't used oil rubbed bronze yet, but your project is definitely making me think I need to change some light fixtures with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why you need to replace the fixture now, it looks fabulous! It is SO hard to see past the shiny brass look, great to see someone who made it work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out beautifully. This idea of spray painting everything is new to me since I started blogging. I've been thinking of trying this with our front door handle, lock and knob rather than replacing the brass.

    Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really updated your fixture. Very nice! I love the oil rubbed bronze. I use it on a lot of my hardware.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment