Okay so I know it's summer, but this chili is too good not to share.  This is seriously one of my favorite chili recipes.  So go ahead crank up your AC and fix yo'self some chili!
                               Courage Chili-Paula Deen
Ingredients:
2 pounds lean ground beef (I use turkey)
2 large onions, finely minced (about 2 cups)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1.5 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. chili powder
 1.5 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. sugar
One 10.75 oz. can condensed French onion soup
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
One 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes with juice
Two 16 oz. cans kidney beans, drained (I used pinto beans)
1 large bag of Frito's
1 cup sour cream
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
Brown beef and one & a half cups of onions in large skilet. Drain off pan drippings.
Add garlic powder, salt, chili powder, oregeno, sugar, soup, flour, Tobasco sauce. Mix well.
Simmer 1 hour, covered, stirring occasionally.
Add tomatoes & beans, stir & simmer, covered, for 20 minutes longer.
When the chili is done, empty the bag of Fritos into a large serving bowl, scoop the chili on top of Fritos & top with dollops of sour cream, remaining half cup of onions, and cheddar.

Serves 4-6
"When I'm under stress and I sense that trouble's coming, I need to eat something hot, something substantial, and something that gives me what feels like strength and courage. There's nothin' like dippin' into a bowlful of chili in such moments. Chili’s a nourishing rib- sticker; you don't need no fancy food dishes when you need your strength. Y'all need chili.
Note: Some Texans don't like beans with their chili. I do." -Paula Deen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment