Desk before/After and a little spray paint

Here is a desk that my husband had in his room growing up.  He says it's where he used to do his homework.  His parents gave it to us when we moved in together.  I never much cared for the "wood" it was made out of so I got out some paint and took care of it.  
Before
I went up to Lowe's found some "oops paint"  if you don't know what that is then you should definitely check it out.  I got 2 quarts of white paint for $4 and a little sample of a pretty greyish/blue color for $1.
Mixed them together for a light bluey/grey, that I LOVE.  I sanded her down with some 120 grit sandpaper, got all the glossiness off her.  Primed her with Kilz ,  let that get nice and dry. Then on goes the paint.  I mixed up my own concoction creating just the right color I was looking for.  And painted her.  After the paint dried I  put on a coat of clear polyurethane, semi-gloss.
Here she is AFTER


And in her new spot in the alcove of a bay window in the guest bedroom.  It's my new spot to write letters, pay bills, or just sit and look out the window.
It's a lovely spot.
Also nice for the occasional guest.
I also wanted to share this piece that I spray painted in Rust-oleum Heirloom white.  Sorry there is no before pic, because I did this before I started blogging :)
But here it is....







Visit thecsiproject.com

6 comments:

  1. Nice looking desk...paint can make things look like an entirely different piece of furniture...love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your desk looks so nice. I have several old pieces that need some TLC like you have given the desk. Love the very custom color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, both pieced look wonderful. Love the color on the gray desk. Thanks for sharing.
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job! They look so fresh and new!

    Visiting from CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job. One question, the coat of clear polyurethane. Is that a spray or also a paint? What is the brand name?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment