Bay window curtain rod


If you have a bay window, then you may empathize with me.  Those curtain rods are crazy expensive!  I have a total of three bay windows in my house.  When we first moved in I looked everywhere for an inexpensive rod, there were none to be found.  So I resorted to using a swing type rod and made do.

Over the next few years, every time I stopped by certain stores I would look to see if there were any rods on sale.  No luck.

I used Pinterest to search DIY rods, and found a good one where they used a bendable metal pipe.  I got one and tried it out.  Then put it in the basement and forgot about it.

Finally, I came across a blog (don't remember which one) that showed how you can use a bendable curtain rod from Ikea to make a bay window rod.











Here is what you will need:

2 of these bendable corner connectors ~found here
RÄCKA Curtain rod corner connector IKEA Perfect to go around a corner or cover a bay window as it has a flexible gooseneck design.
2 of these shorter rods~found here

RÄCKA Curtain rod IKEA The length is adjustable.



1 of these longer rods~found here

HUGAD Curtain rod IKEA The length is adjustable.

and 4 of these brackets~ found here

BETYDLIG Wall/ceiling bracket IKEA

And there you have it, about a $25 bay window curtain rod.
You're welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks-I am helping a client with her dinning room and it has windows similar to yours-now I know what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had a bay window in our first house and there is a reason it never had a curtain..... i had no idea what a blog was back then nor was pinterest around! :) love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you! I'm going to Ikea right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Great blog. I was looking at this post as I just moved into a new home with bay windows, and had a question. Do I need to measure my windows prior to buying this hardware? I saw on Ikea's website there are a few different sizes of rods. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to say thank you for the great details you provided. I just did this project and I love how my new window looks. I found some cute white panels at tj maxx . My window looks like a window from the magazine. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment