Tufted Chair

This lovely chair will be up for sale at The Little Red Barn Sale April 28-29.  If you live in the Atlanta, this is going to be a great artists sale.    Click on the red barn in my side bar for more info.

These little chairs, have become one of my favorite items to make over.  The chair usually starts out pretty ugly and gross, but by the time I finish, it's crisp, clean and beautiful.  This is my 3rd chair like this and by far my favorite.  
You can see my other two chairs here and here.

Here is the before
As you can see it has some button tufting on the seat and back cushion.  I had been wanting to try it out, and this chair was perfect for my first time.  Yes I admit, I was a tufting virgin.  But I just followed the exact way the old buttons were done and did it exactly the same with new fabric.  It was actually pretty easy.  If I had to do it from scratch, it would probably not have been.


 This was also my first time making the double cording on the back cushion  It is the perfect way to cover up all those ugly staples.
Crisp, clean, beautiful.

Link Parties
Primitive and Proper 
DIY Showoff 
Classy Clutter

7 comments:

  1. that chair is amazing! please tell me it is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job! I have a couple of chairs that need upholstering, but think I am to afraid to attempt it by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Kathleen! What are you charging for the chair? Might be perfect for my family room...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out beautifully! You did a great job Kathleen. I'm with Cassie. I hope you keep that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing transformation! It's just beautiful. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous is right! i'm totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this is very impressive! I am a little scared to tackle something like this but you have given me great inspiration!

    I would love for you to link this project up at my link party – Well Crafted Wednesdays! You can find it here:

    http://thewellcraftedhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/well-crafted-wednesdays-link-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment