Sweet babies

A couple weeks ago we noticed something in one my brand new ferns I bought and hung on the front porch.

See that fern down there on the left?

Let's take a closer look, shall we?

And here they are as of yesterday.
This will usually kill my fern, because the mommy & daddy birdies go in and out of that thing about 200 times a day.  But I suppose it's worth it.  It's also an opportunity to teach my almost 3 year old about birdie life.

I can't believe she is almost 3.
Why? Why do they have to grow so fast?
I hate to admit that this baby is gone and never coming back.  But now I get to watch her grow into a beautiful young lady.  But I can wait.
Too bad the birdies can't say the same.

3 comments:

  1. so sweet! your babies, and the birds. :) i always let them kill my hanging plants if they are there- definitely worth it and the kids love to watch them grow. we had a nest on our gutter of our last house while we were painting it. we planned to paint that little area after he birds were gone, but it was so high and hard to reach it never got painted. we sold the house with one little unpainted patch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww! how sweet! Is she out there everyday checking up on them? My kiddos would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I actually said that out loud. how sweet. I just love little birds.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment