Kitchen before, during and a little later

Just for fun, I'm put together a side by side comparison. A before, during and after photo series of our kitchen.  We still have the back splash to finish, curtains to hang, plus a bunch of other little things on the list.

Here we go.


This is the original MLS picture of the kitchen before we moved in.
It's hard to see, but the wallpaper had bunches of cherries all over it.
A dark cave, but we could see the potential.
Here we are right before the painting began.  We lived with this for almost 5 years.
All the lights had to be on in order for it to feel less cave like.

And here we are as of today
Even with no lights on, it's bright and very un-cave like.
The glass cabinets really open up the room.  And let's not forget the painted counter tops.
This reno was done on a very tight budget.  So far we've spent less than $2,000.
If you have dark wood cabinets like we did and are battling with yourself over whether or not to paint them,  I say
GO FOR IT!

Yes, it will be time cosuming.
Yes, it will take a lot of work.
Yes,  it is worth it!

Here we are again before and after

15 comments:

  1. Really great example of how paint can transform a room-looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I love the glass cabinets and the white. I can't wait to paint my cabinets too, but will have to wait for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kitchen looks great. I really love white cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a difference! it looks amazing. amazing. i had to say it again or emphasis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is looking fabulous - it never ceases to amaze me how a little paint can make such a huge difference in a room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful transformation. Doesn't that make you feel happy? I've recently done the same in my kitchen. I'll be posting pics when my husband gets around to attaching corbels to my kitchen island :) Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done to you! Amazing transformation. It has the look of a brand new kitchen. The flooring makes a huge difference too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Good work! You will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the change, the floor, the new colour, perfect, I like it ;) Marina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there a post on how you painted the cabinets?
    It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is a post on doing the glass cabinets, but there are so many posts about painting cabinets out there, it would just be repetitive. I used the Young House Love tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cannot wait to come see the re-do, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just watched the Young House Love Tutorial on repainting kitchen cabinets too. Mine are going down for some changes this year. Any paint recommendations that you would care to share? I'm looking for all the help I can get on this!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment