Boo Y'all!

Halloween is one of those fun days that I really look forward to.  Even though the excitement has faded  some since I was little, the day still holds a special energy that I can't deny.

My older girl has been wearing her costume everyday for the past 2 weeks. I've already had to wash it 3 times.  We have gone over the ritual of what she is to do once she reaches the front door.

Knock
say "Trick or treat!"
get candy
Say "thank you!"
walk away.

Gosh, it really is an odd tradition huh?
Walk up to someones door and demand they give you candy just because you say 3 silly words.

Anyway, I've got the crock pot simmering away with potato soup.  An easy meal we can enjoy before we head out tonight.

My girl is busy hammering away some nails into the pumpkin.  The idea I got from Katie over at Bower Power this morning.

Genius idea I tell ya.  Kept her busy for awhile.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
Hope you all have a spooktacular day!!

3 comments:

  1. happy halloween to your trick or treaters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, nails in pumpkins. Sounds like a huge mess if my boys were involved! LOL
    My kids are all wearing their costumes (or parts thereof) as often as possible. Which is why we rarely have costumes to hand down, but hey, they are getting my $30 worth right?

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is so cute! Hope you all had a Happy Halloween! We had rain so didn't get as many as usual but so fun to see all of the costumes....especially the tiny tots.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment