Kale Salad

To those of you who have tried kale and like it.  This recipe is for you.  Kale is one of the healthiest plants to eat.  Although steaming it for about 5 minutes produces the most beneficial way to eat it, I like it raw.  I created this salad the other night when there was no dinner planned.  Sometimes that's how I get my best dinners.
Step 1: Wash and dry your kale.  Chop into small pieces.  I also mixed it with some romaine.  Made about 4-5 cups.
Step 2: In a bowl mix together 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp shredded fresh Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and a dash of vinegar.  Mix well, and set aside.
Step 3: Fry 2 eggs per serving.  (Leaving the yolks a little runny allows it to mix with the dressing, yum).
Step 4: Mix the greens with dressing and top with eggs.
I also served it with a side of mashed avocado.
  
Try it for meatless Monday! .....Is egg considered meat?

3 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy :) I love eggs over salad! I tried kale a few months ago in a smoothie ugh! I'll try it in a salad one more try :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great meal savin this for a quick lunch this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kale! I have been trying to get my husband to like it. You are right....it is so healthy. I just picked up a bunch at Trader Joes yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment