Front entry with stairs

Or foyer, for you fancy types.

I love a great entry to a house.  I like to think it sets the stage for the rest of your home.  If the first thing a guest sees upon walking into your home is something like this.
Well, you can pretty much guess what the rest of the home is going to look like.


I like family and guest peeps to feel comfortable in my home as soon as they walk in the door.  In all honesty this is not the front entry used for most guest.  But me and my girls go in and out of this door all day so I like it to be pretty for us as well.
Take a peek
(Love the big ol' tv trying to get in the pic. He's sneaky like that)  
I like to have a fresh bouquet here when I can.


Keeping your stairs free of clutter is just common sense people.  Not only does is raise the trip factor for you and your family, it may lead to a chronic illness called clutteritis and you don't want that.  Trust me.

I hope this inspires you to meander over to your front door, take a look around and see if it's as inviting as you thought.
My rules of thumb, are to keep it simple and homey.   Not as in "whad up my homey?"  But comfortable.
Got it?  Good.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you linked up at the Bloggy Olympics!! It's going to be alot of fun! Go Team Decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!I wish I had one, I have the smallest entry possible, and it goes right to the hallway or kitchen, I would love to knock out a wall or two and open it up!Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you are having a great Monday!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment