People either love or hate Quiche. My family loves it and I plan to make this for our Christmas day brunch.
It also works well for dinner.
This is a very quick and easy meal, and I'm sure even kids will love it!Ingredients
- 1 pound ground sausage (I use chicken sausage)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- 2 C chopped spinach. (use less if you want)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Crumble the sausage in a large skillet, cook on medium-high heat until the meat is lightly browned. Drain off the grease. Add the parsley.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, adding the cream, spinach, cheese and salt. Pour into the sausage mixture; blending well. Pour mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is well browned and the filling is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.