One of my favorite things to make when the weather starts to get cooler, is Pumpkin Spice Bread, It really gets me in the mood for fall. My husband also doesn't mind the smell of the bread baking in the oven for an hour. We always burn our mouths, because we don't wait long enough for it to cool down. It really is that good.
I got this recipe from Cottage Living Mag (RIP) several years ago, and I make it every year around this time.
Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 large egg
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour an 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loafpan. Sift together first 5 ingredients; stir in kosher salt.
2. Combine sugar, oil, and pumpkin in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg, beating until well blended. Gradually add dry ingredients, beating at low speed until blended. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour 5 minutes or until loaf is golden and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
And, for the first time, I'm going to try the Pumpkin Spice Bread Pudding that you can make from the bread.
UPDATE: I did make the bread pudding 10/2 and it was heaven! Served it warm with vanilla ice cream :)
PS. I also made muffins :)
Have a good weekend!