Cod Fish Cakes

This recipe came from my mom, who I think got it from a magazine.  We both make these all the time, in fact almost every time I ask my mom "what are you having for dinner tonight", she says "cod fish cakes".
It's a very simple recipe, and really tasty any night of the week.
1 lb of cod
1/4 c bread crumbs
1 small onion diced
2 celery stalks chopped
1 egg
2 tbsp mayo
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 c oil
Boil cod for about 5 min in water.  Saute onion and celery until soft.  Combine cooked cod with sauteed celery and onion, mix in all other ingredients.  Chill for 1 hour (this step is important, because it helps keep them together when cooking)
Fry in oil med/low for 5-7 min on each side.
I serve mine with a salad, or something else light.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy and easy to make! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment