Drop leaf side table

I'm so excited to reveal this cool table I just finished about an hour ago.  I purchased it from one of my favorite local thrift stores.  I'm really into side tables these days.  I hope there is a demand for them, because I've got several lined up to be refinished.
I took a different approach with this one, I loved that it had two drop leaves on the sides.  Very versatile, for almost all your side table needs. 
Before

I sanded the tops down to bare wood and put a dark walnut stain on it.
After
I really wanted to do a color, so I went up to Lowe's and chose a cool turquoise called Woodlawn Valley Haze by Valspar. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but close enough. I ended up adding a touch of black to it to calm it down.











Update:This piece has sold
I hope you all have a fantastic holiday weekend! 
Linking to
Visit thecsiproject.com

18 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful, bravo:)))
    I am your newest follower, come to visit my blog.
    Greetings from Europe, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so pretty! Usually you see the dark wood tops with white, but I love the turquoise color. I think it will sell in no time flat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table is beautiful. I love that it is drop-leaf too. Very nice job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the use of colour - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my ~ beautiful job!! Love that color!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there
    Just found you over at Coastal Charm! I love love love what you did to that table!Why can't you live closer :S
    Natalie 60th follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful! I love the color you chose; way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! The table itself is charming, but the color just turns it into something really special! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I JUST bought a table almost exactly like this. Still pondering what I want to do with it. I like the idea that you made the top different. Hmmmmmm... decisions, decisions!! :-) It turned out beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love the 2 toned look. The color is so nice, and it really pops with the dark top. I'm also a huge fan of distressing! Great job!

    I'm having a Scentsy giveaway on my blog. Love it if you could join! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the colour! really cool makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love that color with the dark walnut top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. some redo's are cute, but his is beautiful! It looks so high end!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GREAT makeover!! It's a lovely piece. :) Stopping by as this week's CSI Judge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to know the technique you used. This is exactly the look I want for my kitchen cabinets, which will be a peacock blue. I like the 'weathered' look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful makeover I love it!!

    I am posting pink today!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  17. I happened upon your blog today from House of Turquoise and I have to tell you that I am SO excited to see this drop side end table idea. I have two of these that were handed down to me and I have been so nervous to paint them like I wanted to until now! Thanks for sharing this idea. Out of curiosity, how much did you sell it for?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment