New Camera! ...And a recipe

Last night I finally got a new camera!  Lately I have been borrowing my mom's Nikon D90, which is a fantastic camera but waaaaay out of my price range.  So after lots of research and talking to people about what camera they like, I decided to go with the Nikon D60, which I got a pretty good deal on since they have been replaced with the Nikon3000.  So I have been playing around with it this morning, but need to fully understand the manual and how to use it before I start posting it's pics.  So I leave you with one of my favorite recipes...  Also my dresser is featured at House of Grace today!

Turkey and Roasted Red Pepper Meat Loaf

 Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
  • 1 small yellow onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan
  • 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
  • 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • kosher salt and pepper
  • 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 6 cups mixed greens

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 400° F.
  2. Combine the turkey, onion, bread crumbs, egg, Parmesan, 2 tablespoons of the mustard, the parsley, red peppers, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Shape the meat into an 8-inch loaf and place in a baking dish. (See Tip, below.)
  3. Bake until no trace of pink remains (internal temperature should be 165° F), about 45 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
  4. Whisk together the remaining mustard, the vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
  5. Divide the greens among individual plates and drizzle the vinaigrette over the top. Serve with the sliced meat loaf.
I hope some of you really make this, because it really is good!

1 comment:

  1. oh that looks delicious! I am a fan of meatloaf.. the whole house is! So this is a keeper!
    Congrats on the camera! Cant wait to see your pics.
    Im having my 1st giveaway if you would like to stop over!!!
    Thanks!
    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment