This is my first attempt at anything of this size. I had also never made a cushion cover either. Learn as you go, that's my motto.
This little gem was found at a random estate sale I happen to be driving by on my way home from another estate sale.
After looking through the house and walking by this couch several times, contemplating the thought of
re upholstering it myself. I knew if I could accomplish the task, it would be the ultimate addition to my new library decor.
Finally after much debate within myself, I made the man an offer of $50, and he took it.
A couple of sliced fingers, worn knuckles and lots of hard work later,
here is the after.
The fabric is a soft blue/grey linen. It was hard to finally decide on a fabric and I love this one!
I struggled with the idea of painting the wood frame. But in the end my better half and I decided it would look better with the natural wood, than painting it white.
I'm glad I chose not to paint now, because there are a lot of other wood touches in the room and it really ties them all together.
Over the next few weeks, I will be looking for colorful fabric to add some more pillows.
Just a few more pictures to hang before the big library reveal!
A little idea of what it looked like before.