3rd Birthday

My middle child turns 3 on Thursday, but we decided to celebrate her birthday with a few friends over the weekend.  I think small birthdays for little ones is more ideal than a big blow out where they may feel overwhelmed. 


 I've never called myself a baker.  I usually get distracted while baking and leave something out, like butter in my last cake.
But this one turned out well.  I used Hershey’s perfectly chocolate cake and icing recipe.

I kept it very simple, a cake, some balloons and pizza. They danced, ran around the house and everyone was happy. 

A boy and a balloon, is there anything better?
Here's a tip that some of you may know about, but Dollar Tree has $1 balloons.  Those nice shiny types, that lasts for days.
The reason I tell you this is because last time I spent $15 for 12 regular latex balloons that wilted after one day. 
 
Hope you all are having a great week!

3 comments:

  1. YES i love the dollar tree for those balloons!!! and YAY happy third to your second! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday sweet girl! the blog looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathleen! I'm really glad you left a comment over on my blog. It prompted me to come visit you and I am so glad I read this article. I'm planning a first birthday for my daughter and I'm totally heading to the dollar store for balloons! Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment