Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

I'm not really all that into Valentine's Day. However, I felt like being a little creative yesterday and figured I'd jump on the bandwagon with all the other bloggers and give you a recipe for a special treat on February 14th.

My 2 year old, I assume like most, is obsessed with cake.  Almost every day she will make one of the following statements.  "I have an idea mommy, how about some chocolate cake?!"  or "Mom, I'm hungry I want some cupcake."  and the ever popular " I know!  We can have chocolate cake!"

Soooo..... cupcakes were made.  For the first time in several years I dusted off my cupcake tin and and got to work.  My sister Jamie posted a Hershey's recipe on her blog a while ago and that's what I used.  I also made my own frosting. OMG ( I don't say that, unless I mean it)  they. were. heaven.

Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate"  Chocolate Cake~

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup boiling water
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line pan with cupcake papers.
  2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared cupcake pan.
  3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
Click here for the amazing frosting recipe I used .   
It was probably one of the best cupcakes I've ever had. Do you see how the frosting is dripping slowly down the cupcakes edges in that first picture?  Yeah you do!

Try and you will like~
Happy week all.

Link Parties~
Classy Clutter

5 comments:

  1. Yummy! They looks quick and easy too! My girls are always trying to get me to make cupcakes. We'll try this one out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were delicious. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my favorite icing recipe! I make it all the time & nothing compares to it!! You are making me want some, now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so delicious and decadent, Kathleen! I love chocolate. Your photo of the cupcake with the flowers is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Allison, these are beautiful pictures! I can almost taste them!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment