DIY Anonymous

There should be a support group for people who DIY home renovations.  
Specifically for those who have ever refinished their kitchen cabinets.   Furthermore, this group of people should receive a medal.  Those of you who have done this know exactly what I'm talking about.  If I never paint another cabinet for the rest of my life I will die a happy woman.
 I've never explained to you that I have 45 cabinets in my kitchen.  Yes, you read that right 45!  Go in your kitchen and count, I'm sure I have more.  Add in all of the drawers and that makes 54.  Do you see now why I need a support group?  Plus we are doing a few extra things to some of the cabinets like adding glass to 7 of them.  I'm also spray painting the hinges and buying new hardware.  
Oh yeah, and we have a 2 year old and a 6 month old.
Good times.....good times....
We will forever remember,"..that time we painted the cabinets...good lord, I hope we never have to do that again."

However I wanted to give you a sneak peek at how it's coming along.


 Still have a bit more to do, hopefully I can reveal it sometime this year....
Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. i had to count. i have 29. and i'm very thankful since the cabinets are so ugly. :o) can't wait to see what you've done to your kitchen. i need inspiration for my own kitchen cabinets...our current cabinets aren't exactly paint friendly. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. phew, i counted and i am not even close to 45. ;) i can't wait for the big reveal!
    and i have only ever been to the atlanta airport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a lot of cabinets! It's looking beautiful Kathleen! That is a huge project but once you're done you will feel such a feeling of accomplishment! I can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a boatload of cabinets. We're planning on painting our delightful honey oak kitchen cabinets this spring. You should totally start a support group-- I'm sure I'll need it.

    I see that you're going to Haven. So am I!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the finished product. We painted our cabinets white about 7 years ago and whenever I suggest to my husband that we do some touch-up, I'm met with pained sobs and moaning. Haha! Total pain BUT totally worth it!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're totally right. We should start a cabinet refinishers support group right away. :) We were fortunate to not have any where near as many as you do though, and it was still a thorn in my side. Crazy as it is I am actually considering doing them over again. I love how they turned out, and they completely updated our kitchen, but now I wish the difference in our wall and base cabinets was more significant, rather than just a few shades. We'll see what happens with that though. So, when's the first meeting?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment