Grey and white big girl bed

What happened to the summer days where I used to lounge around the pool, flirt with boys and only worry about getting a sunburn?  They're long gone I tell you, looooong gone.
 Gone are the days of sleeping in until 11, 80's movies on repeat and having no where to be.

This Summer has been a bit challenging, but also so much fun.  Having three small children to entertain all day every day, has been such a drastic change from my earlier years as a free agent.


Anywho, enough about me missing my summer days as a teen, I have a new furniture reveal for you!

I've been sitting on this one for awhile, but there's nothing like a visit with some blog buddies to inspire me to get back in touch with my creativity.



This is the big girl bed I painted for my middle daughter.  I can't seem to find the before picture, but it was a dark brown wood stain.


I used my favorite grey paint called stormy weather by Valspar.  And the trim is white dove by Benjamin Moore.




Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. it's so pretty! love that first image with her moving by! :)
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wonderful to see you! can't wait to see you again next july if not before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! it turned out amazing and yes, those summer days are over (for now). we'll be lounging poolside in a few years when everyone can swim. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty bed, I love the shape and cutout area! I just updated a bed for my 12 year old, but I restored the finish vs. painting it, mine was in good enough shape for it. I'm sure your daughter loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment