I can't remember exactly where this recipe came from but it is a easy weeknight pasta dish. And minus the 3 tbsp of butter, a healthy meal. But we all need butter to live, right? I think so.
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons crushed rosemary
- 8 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- 3 ounces baby spinach, heavy stems removed, (1/2 of 6 oz. bag)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and wedged
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil, garlic cloves and rosemary in large deep skillet, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until garlic is golden brown on all sides. Remove pan from heat. Discard garlic.
- Cook and stir mushrooms in olive oil until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add pasta and red onion to skillet. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes. Add spinach and parsley. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat. Add butter, pine nuts and cheese. Toss gently to combine. Tranfer to serving platter and serve immediately.
Printer friendly version
Many projects soon to come, I just started too many at once and can't seem to finish one at the moment.
That ever happen to you?