Merry Christmas to me

It took 4 years 3 months and several days for us to finally update our corroded, old faucet.  For some reason it just took a back seat to all the other stuff we were replacing.  Yet I always longed for a new one. With some gift money from the folks I went ahead and splurged on a new faucet.

I'm so excited because this signifies the beginning of our kitchen update.  We tend to take baby steps when doing any project around the house.  Take our basement for example.  We started it about a year ago, and have yet to finish.  But the kitchen will be done faster, because I care a little bit more about it.
Getting this faucet off included two trips to Lowes, and a visit to my neighbor to borrow some tools.  The bolt holding the old faucet was so corroded that it just crumbled into bits when the hubs tried to unscrew it.

Yuck and double YUCK!
 ahhhh.....

 Next comes the counter tops, I'm looking forward to showing you what I will do.  Until then you will just have to guess...I will also be doing the cabinets and the walls.  Hopefully be starting in the new year!

Have a safe and happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Little steps, huh? Great start and good luck with the cabinets. It's a big job but sooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh aaaah!!!! yes, so pretty! that will be a gift you will enjoy on a daily basis, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet u are in heaven! When you accomplish even the smallest task in the home it makes ya feel great good for you! Can't wait to see what else you get done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your faucet! it's nice how little changes can make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! We live in a rental. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment